Can you name 5 things that you love about yourself ? I never thought that would be so hard until I took a moment to ponder on it . As I walked to class today , I was stumped to realize that I couldn't think of a single thing that I loved about myself , let alone five. Yes, the Selfie Queen herself couldn't name one single quality off of the back of her hand. Amazed by this , I asked all of the sisters in my organization as well as some other friends " Can you name 5 things that you love about yourself ?" . While some responses put me at ease , I found that others were in the same position as me . It is so important to recognize these things, because so often we become our own enemy ,constantly putting ourselves down about things that are the most admirable .
Months ago , I shared about my complex about my arms , today I can say that I am more comfortable than ever before . Self-hate is prevalent today and must end , starting now. I challenge you all to participate in the #5ThingsILoveAboutME Challenge , in hopes to find these characteristics and physical features about yourself that you can truly embrace. Whether they be physical characteristics that you've grown to love over time , or strengths that have come from hardships of your past , these things are worthy to be noted. Even things that most people would consider to be a flaw , may be beautiful to you.
Its crazy how deep we have to dig sometimes when its all right there. Have you ever thought how crazy we sound when someone compliments us and we decline their offer to be kind by saying hateful things about ourselves? I've done it , we all have.
Take this time to reflect on those things that make you so very unique , I bet you'll pass #5 ! Here are mine
1. My smile - You're never fully dressed without it.
2. My ability to see the best in others - Others may disagree , but everyone is full of potential !
3. My hips - Though they make shopping and dressing a hassle , I wouldn't trade them in for the world .
4. My Chronic Scatter Brain - It causes headaches twice a day , but I thoroughly enjoy keeping myself on my toes . Its hard to be bored when you love to do so many things !
5. My openness to my change- Whether its my hair , my style , my surroundings ...#NeverStopEvolving