I'm not what someone would consider a "music connoisseur " , I have many preferences. I guess that would mean that my mood determines the music that I enjoy at that moment. Sometimes old school rap works for me , then other times R&B is my thing. I enjoy music released before my time but I've unknowingly memorized lyrics to current music that irritates me. In making this list , I allowed my iTunes to play on shuffle , and I realized that I am most at peace when these albums are playing:
1. 4 - I'm not a huge Bey fan , however I enjoy this album because I can relate to many of the emotions in countdown , love on top and 1+1 . You can hear the joy in her voice at this time and this may have been one of the most fun albums she's released. "Girls" "Party" and "Best Thing I've Ever Had" are also my top 3 songs , as they are empowering and timeless. I love for music that I can play years after they've been released. My BFF & I enjoy Beyonce Karaoke as well .
2. Baduizm- From A Little girl , I've always loved Erykah Badu. Her music is timeless as well as calming. It doesn't matter what she's talking about , you can always listen to her , whenever , wherever and feel good vibes. Her lyrics alone teaches lessons. Although I love ALL of her music , " Next Lifetime" and " On & On " are frequently played .
3. Electric Lady - BECAUSE WHATS NOT TO LOVE ABOUT JANELLE ?! Electric Lady and Q.U.E.E.N are my motivational messages . Primetime is also a fav :)
4. Channel Orange - "Pink Matter" has a brilliant message and I love anything 3k is featured on , "Pyramids" is my go to song when I'm getting dressed for a night out , "Super Rich Kids" , "Thinkin Bout You " and "Sierra Leone" . All Favs. I haven't skipped a song. Good. Vibes . Only.
5. Share My World - At a very young age , I knew the words to this entire album , simply because my mother played it over and over again. I adore the passion in Mary's Voice and this will forever be my favorite album. This is another timeless album . I can't see myself not listening during a car ride.
What's Your Top 5?
Check out my friends' Top 5 !